The Washington State Booster Club Association is committed to protecting
the privacy and security of our members and website visitors. We are
also extremely sensitive to concerns about information and safety.
We want you to know about and understand the measures we have taken
to keep the information gathered on our website a safe and secure
environment for everyone. This privacy statement tells you how and
why we collect information from you, and how we use that information.
We encourage our visitors to read through and understand our privacy statement. We may update it from time to time to address new issues or reflect changes on our site. Please refer to this privacy statement regularly.
If you have any questions or concerns about the statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information You Provide to Us:
The Washington State Booster Club Association endeavors to provide quality information that is tailored to our members needs. In order to do that we sometimes need to ask for information so that we can provide the kind of content desired. In order for us to customize our site for you so that it meets your needs as fully as possible we may ask you to register or provide personal information when you visit certain areas of our website, register to become members, enter a contest, complete surveys, subscribe to a service or to a newsletter, submit content, or ask us for information.
It is the policy of the Washington State Booster Club Association that we will never rent, sell, give or disclose your personally identifiable information to any third party.
We consider the following to be personally identifiable information: first and last name, club or team name, e-mail address, street address, zip code, phone number, financial information, and all information relating to club and team members and supporters. We only collect personally identifiable information from you when you voluntarily submit it. Providing your personal information to the Washington State Booster Club Association is optional. If you choose not to register or provide personal information you can still use our site but you will not have access to customized information.
Depending on the section within the site with which you register, we may ask for your name, age, address and/or zip code, e-mail address, name of school or district, and/or grade level. If you are under 18 years of age, we will also ask you to provide your parent’s or guardian’s e-mail address. We may also ask you to choose a user name and password to use when you log in to the site.
How We Use the Information You Provide:
We use the personal and demographic information you provide us to tailor the content, services and advertising on our website so that we can meet your current and future needs. Use of this data allows us to customize your experience by showing you content according to your preferences. From time to time, we may share the personal information you provide to us with our agents, third parties who are affiliated with our site, or with carefully selected companies so you can receive information that we believe may be of interest to you. We may use this information to inform you of product upgrades, special offers, updated information, and/or new services. We will also use your contact information to ship purchases made from this website. Financial information that you share is only used to check your qualifications.
If, however, the information provided is from or about an individual under 18 years of age the information will be used solely by The Washington State Booster Club Association for internal purposes only and the information will not be shared with third parties.
The Washington State Booster Club Association gives you the opportunity to opt-out of having your personal information used for purposes not directly related to your use of the website and Washington State Booster Club Association related programs. If you register for any of the Washington State Booster Club Association programs or services but do not want your data used for marketing or promotional purposes you can opt-out at any time by sending us an e-mail at email@example.com. To help us update your records correctly, please indicate in your e-mail if you are opting out of postal mail, e-mail or telemarketing communications. Please also provide your registration details including first name, last name, club or team name if applicable, street address, city, state, postal code, and country.
We Protect Kids’ Privacy:
As a parent, you've probably done a lot of thinking about protecting your family's privacy on the Internet. Well, we've been thinking about it, too. We are working hard to provide you with the best information and the highest quality interaction on the Internet in an environment that is safe. In compliance with COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act), we have adopted the following policies to keep kids safe:
1. We will NOT knowingly collect, use or distribute personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 without prior verifiable consent from a parent or guardian.
2. We will NOT knowingly collect, use or distribute personally identifiable information from teens between the ages of 13 and 17 without first notifying a parent or guardian.
3. Personally identifiable information we collect from children under the age of 13 will be used solely by The Washington State Booster Club Association or its agents for internal purposes only and will not be sold or otherwise distributed to third parties.
4. We will NOT knowingly allow a child under the age of 13 access to chat rooms, message boards, e-mail accounts, or other services within our website that would allow them to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable information without prior verifiable consent from a parent or guardian.
5. We will NOT knowingly allow a teen between the ages of 13 and 17 access to chat rooms, message boards, e-mail accounts, or other services within our website that would allow them to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable information without first notifying a parent or guardian.
6. We will NOT knowingly ask a child or teen to divulge more information than is needed to participate in any activity, game, or service.
7. We will NOT knowingly provide any direct link to Website's that are unsuitable for children or teens.
The Washington State Booster Club Association will not advertise on any site that does not comply with the regulations set forth under COPPA.
8. We will advise children under the age of 13 that they MUST obtain permission from their parent or guardian before sharing ANY personal information.
9. Upon request, the Washington State Booster Club Association will provide a parent or guardian with a description of the information that may have been provided about their child or teen during a registration process for a program or service of this site.The Washington State Booster Club Association only asks for a child's or teen’s personal information if it is necessary for registration to participate a program or service. Registration data that is provided about children or teens is not used for marketing and is never shared with any other party. If you would like to view your child's registration data, request a change, or request that we delete any of your child's personal information, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org which includes your child's first and last name, school zip code, and your first and last name.
10. The Washington State Booster Club Association encourages parents and guardians to spend time online with their children. We urge parents to instruct their children to never give out their real names, addresses or phone numbers, without permission, when using the Internet. We recognize a special obligation to protect personal information obtained from children.
Notification and Verifiable Parental Consent:
Certain areas and activities within our website ask visitors under the age of 18 to provide personal information such as their name, date of birth, e-mail address or school name. We only ask for the information that is necessary to participate in the particular activity.
Before any personally identifiable information is collected, we will do our best to notify the parent or guardian that their child or teen is participating. Notification will include the exact nature and intended use of the information we are collecting, as well as the opportunity for the parent or guardian to prevent the use of the information and the child's participation in the activity. If the child is under 13 years of age we require the parent or guardian to provide verifiable parental consent such as an e-mail, mail-in letter, fax or toll free phone call to the Washington State Booster Club Association. If the individual is a teen between the ages of 13 and 17, the Washington State Booster Club Association will notify the parent or guardian that their teen is participating and sharing personal information but we do not require consent.
When verifiable parental consent has not yet been obtained, we will use online contact information (such as an e-mail address) only as is appropriate to:
1. Request the name or online contact information of a parent or guardian for the purpose of obtaining verifiable parental consent or providing notification to the parent or guardian;
2. Respond directly to the child's or teen’s request on a one-time basis (for example, to provide assistance with a particular study question), not using that information to re-contact the child or teen for any other purpose;
3. Respond more than once directly to a specific request from the child (for example, to satisfy the request for a newsletter subscription), not using that information to re-contact the child or teen for any other purpose.
What are Cookies?
The non-personally identifiable information we track with cookies is anonymous and is not used to identify, or lead us back to, any particular visitor. Visitors to our website may have the option of disabling cookies via their browser preferences (most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies).
While browsing through our website, you may get cookies from our advertisers or sponsors. The Washington State Booster Club Association and its affiliated sites do not control these cookies.
What are IP Addresses?
An IP address is a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you use the World Wide Web. Web servers--the big computers that "serve up" Web pages--automatically identify your computer by its IP address.
Our website collects IP addresses for system administration; to report aggregate information to our advertisers, sponsors, and partners; and to audit the use of our site. When visitors request pages from Booster Central, our servers log the guests' IP addresses. We normally do not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable. This means that a visitor's session will be logged, but the visitor remains anonymous to us. We can and will use IP addresses to identify a visitor when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our rules or terms of service, or to protect our service, site, customers, or other individuals.
Some features within our website, such as certain message boards, may display IP addresses along with the message-poster's visitor name and message. You should review each feature prior to use and only use those that disclose information you are comfortable sharing.
A Notice About Our Advertisers:
A Notice About External Links:
Occasionally, you will find links from our website to independently owned, controlled, and/or managed website's whose content we believe will be of possible interest and value to our visitors. Additionally, you'll see links from advertisers, sponsors, and other partners who may use the Washington State Booster Club Association’s logo as part of a co-branding agreement.
In many cases, these links represent cooperative projects or mutual links established with the organizations connected with these sites. We don't control the content of these links. These other sites may send you their own cookies, collect data, or solicit personal information. While we identify sponsor and advertiser areas of our website's, we do not control these cookies or the content of these third parties.
We specifically recommend that children check with their parents or teachers before clicking on to any new sites.
The Washington State Booster Club Association makes chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. Consequently, you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
Security and Financial Transaction Use:
The Washington State Booster Club Association has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Essentially, we encrypt all transmission of sensitive data and secure all of our repositories of data. When you use your credit card or check to shop at our website, your transaction is secure. Our servers use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), an advanced encryption technology that works with Netscape Navigator (versions 2.0 and above), Microsoft Internet Explorer (version 3.0 and above), and AOL (AOL 3.0 and above). This technology safeguards your personal information and privacy. However, you should understand that "perfect security" is never guaranteed.
Contacting The Washington State Booster Club Association:
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of The Washington State Booster Club Association, or your dealings on our website, please:
E-mail us at email@example.com
Write to us at: The Washington State Booster Club Association, 100 N. Morain St., Suite 312, Kennewick, WA 99336
Call us at: 1-509-736-6877